Visitor Relations & Educational Programming Internship
Now accepting applications for Summer 2020!
The Surf Ballroom & Museum is an event/concert venue and museum operating as a non-profit organization. Our purpose is to preserve, maintain and manage this historic facility as a center for cultural purposes in North Iowa.
Qualified candidates must be reliable self starters, have the ability to multi-task and adapt to new tasks quickly. Preferred candidates would be majoring in Marketing, Communications, Education, Public Relations or related field.
We are looking for a part-time person (10-15 hours per week) with the following qualities:
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organization and planning skills;
- Excellent coordination skills, ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time, and be a problem-solver;
- Be proactive & detail oriented; and,
- Be sociable, enthusiastic, and a team player.
Candidates must also be willing and able to work weekends and perform the following duties:
- Visitor relations/customer service duties to include greeting visitors to the museum, selling merchandise in the Surf Ballroom gift shop;
- Assist Education Coordinator with group tours and summer programming;
- General office duties to include (but not limited to) email/scanning/mailing documents and images, as well as the ability to use computers, copiers and other basic office equipment;
- Ticket/Box Office Sales;
- Answering telephone calls; and,
- Concert/event duties as assigned to include admissions, ID check, beverage ticket sales, etc.
Please send resume and cover letter to Executive Director Laurie Lietz.